Saturday, March 8, 2008

Yesterday it snowed! A lot! Ok, a lot for Tennessee. We had 3 inches on the top of our van and 4 inches in the grass.
When it started yesterday I first amused myself by watching the natives panic. Seriously, you have to laugh at them, or you get really annoyed by the irrationality of it all. I mean, we are in west Tennessee. Even if we do get a lot of snow, tomorrow it will be 60 degrees and it will all melt anyway. Are 10 gallons of milk and 48 bottles of water truly necessary?

Then the kids and I drove around town shopping for gloves and singing Christmas carols at the top of our lungs. When we got home they played outside until they were soaking wet, and then it was time for hot chocolate.

This morning we went sledding with some friends. It was a great time (while the snow lasted). Like I said, we are in west Tennessee.




The rest of the day we have spent working on the house. I should say, Mark has spent working on the house. I have alternated between sorting through kids clothes and avoiding working on the house. I know it needs to be done (probably VERY QUICKLY), but it all feels very overwhelming to me. When I get overwhelmed, I avoid. This only results in more overwhelmedness. Pretty dumb, huh? I guess I should get off the computer and finish the clothes.

1 comment:

Weazelsun said...

I live in Hawaii,but I've seen snow before in Las Vegas.
But when getting overwhelmed don't avoid things,well I mean you can but yea...
What are you fixing on the house?