Friday, November 7, 2008

Crazy Weekend

This weekend is a crazy one for us as we are headed in many different directions. Today was supposed to be a day of getting ready for it, but instead I had a really bad migraine. By the time I worked all day, got the oil changed in the van, took the kids for ice cream and went to Walmart, I had had about all I could take. Thankfully, I have a very understanding husband who took care of feeding the kids so I could hole up in a dark room for a while.

Tomorrow daddy & the boys are headed to Nathan Beford Forrest State Park for a hike with the RA's from church. Jadon is so excited he can hardly stand it. He has watched Mark & Ian go on the hikes and campouts for three years, and this is his first chance to go, too. It's fun to watch him as he starts to feel like one of the big boys.

Lynnea and I are heading to Tuscaloosa, AL with Mark's mom and Shari. We'll meet up with some of her teammates for dinner and swimming (not much swimming, coaches. Don't freak out!) Mark & the boys and his dad will join us late Saturday night. EARLY Sunday morning we'll head to Lynnea's meet. She had a rough meet last weekend, so she's hoping to do much better this time. At least she's determined instead of giving up after one not-so-good meet.

We're hoping to get back to town in time for SaLT group Sunday night, although you never know how long meets & awards are gonna go. This will be the third week in a row we've missed church & SaLT, and I really hate that. It makes the disconnected feeling even worse. Next weekend we'll be in Jackson, though, so our Sunday schedule should be normal. I'm glad for that.

Anyway, I know this blog is pointless, but that's what my thoughts are like in the aftermath of a migraine. Let's just hope it stays gone. I'm out of Maxalt.

2 comments:

Carol said...

I have missed reading your thots and life (other than that election that took us all hostage) Looking forward to more...shihemi shpejti... (see u later)

Alicia Beth said...

hey! Just wanted to let you know your readers are out here :) Praying for you this week and hope you get some down time at some point.Love ya !