Thursday, February 12, 2009

My Valentine's Gift

If you know me much at all, you probably know that I hate Valentine's Day. I think it's a holiday designed to set men up for failure. We shouldn't need a holiday to say I love you. And I definitely don't. Mark tells me & shows me every day that he loves me, in many more ways than chocolate or flowers could ever say. But this year he did something for me for Valentine's Day that means more to me than anything else could.

We were asked to go to Kentucky this weekend to see his brothers & sisters-in-law. The only problem was that our church's Valentine's Gala, which is our fundraiser for our mission trips, is on Saturday. This summer I get to go back to Albania for the second time, and, if I'm going to benefit from the fundraiser, it is important to me to be there to help. Mark chose to stay here before I even had to ask him. The fact that he would do that, and place so much importance on something that means so much to me, is a precious gift. Who needs flowers and chocolate?

No comments: