Tuesday, April 8, 2008

Ian's War Wound

This afternoon I got a call from a number I didn't recognize. Since I was in staff meeting, I didn't answer it. A few minutes later, I got a text message from Mark that said, "Call me about Ian." Of course, I responded to that quickly. The first call had been from the school just wanting to let us know that Ian had bumped his head and had a little bruise. They didn't want us to be worried when we saw him after school. They had told Mark that Ian was fine and wanted to stay at school, so I figured it was no big deal. When I picked him up this afternoon, this is what I saw:

!!! He had been walking down the hall talking to a friend and a teacher just happened to open her door-just in time for him to walk into it. He's had a little headache, and doesn't like to ice it AT ALL, but otherwise, he's excited to have a war wound to brag about.

No comments: