Tuesday, July 21, 2009

One More Update

Well, we are back in Jackson. Saturday and Sunday were VERY busy, and I didn't get time to post any updates. So, today I will post an update on our weekend. Later, when I've had time to process a bit more, I'll write some of my reflections. Right now I'm not so sure I'd make it through.

Saturday morning we went to Shkoze for the children's ministry meeting. They are absolutely adorable! A lot of the same kids were there, but there were quite a few smaller ones we hadn't met yet.

Mary, Norman & Lela led the children in worship. I love to hear them sing!

We taught them "Inright, Outright, Upright, Downright" in Shqip. That was fun!

We did the chair skit, and then Matt explained how we can get stuck in sin, and no matter what we or others try to do to set us free, only prayer and Jesus can do that.

Bethany from California told the story of Joseph interpreting dreams while Carol drew out the story.

The kids did some Scripture memory games that they had a lot of fun with.

They had snack & a craft outside. We also had some time just for hugs and talking.

Saturday night we were back at the Brewer's for youth group. We sang some of the same songs from the morning, did the Jesus vs. Satan sin skit that we had done at Berti's church, and Meg & Wayne shared their testimonies. We played a really fun game that broke the light three times. Afterwards we all walked for ice cream :)





Sunday morning we had church in Shkoze. The worship just brought me to tears. The thought of all of us, from every tribe, tongue and nation worshiping Jesus together in heaven moves me every time. I shared my testimony, and Fredi shared the sermon. It was very difficult to say goodbye to the ladies we came to love so much so quickly.



Sunday evening was our last church service with the Brewer's. This one was in their home. Carol shared her testimony and Norman gave the message.


A lot of tears were shed that night as we said goodbye to the kids and the Brewer's. We had a wonderful time of prayer with the family before we left. I am always amazed at how strongly the Lord knits together the hearts of His people through Jesus. They will be missed more than they will ever know.

No comments: